Updated: August 1, 2020
To our Valued Customers,
Surface cleaning has always been an important part of keeping your home or business safe and healthy. While you can successfully accomplish many routine cleaning tasks yourself, periodically there will be a need for a professional cleaning service to tackle the deep-cleaning chores that require special equipment, chemicals, experience, and training.
At NuvoClean, we’re committed to continuing to provide service for our loyal customers as best we can during these difficult and challenging times.
It is important to note that Canadain Health Authorities have not yet approved any disinfectant product that claims to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19, but they do have a published list of hard-surface disinfectants that are "disinfectants with evidence for use against COVID-19".
The health and safety of our employees and customers have always been our number one priority, but with the developing COVID-19 situation, we are taking additional steps to ensure we’re minimizing the risk of spreading the virus in the community.
We are watching closely as the situation evolves to make sure we are following all recommendations from The Public Health Agency of Canada, The CDC, and the World Health Organization to be able to adjust our best practices to serve you while keeping our people, our customers and our community safe.
Currently, the procedures we have in place:
- NuvoClean technicians are screened daily for any cold or flu-like symptoms. Those who are not feeling well are asked to stay home.
- If they suspect they may have been exposed to someone who has, or suspects to have, the COVID-19 virus, or if they have recently traveled outside of Canada they have been asked to stay home and self-isolate for 14 days before returning to work.
- We have reviewed the recommended social/physical distancing best practices, proper hand-washing techniques, and respiratory etiquette with our technicians, so while you will still be greeted with a warm smile, technicians will not reach out to shake your hand and they will maintain at least two meters of separation while in your home. They will wear a face mask if physical distancing is not possible (or upon request) and will kindly ask you to do the same.
- Our technicians will thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands before attending your premises and will be happy to comply with any request to wash their hands again on arrival.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols for tools, equipment, and supplies that we bring into our customers' homes or businesses.
- We will wipe down all surfaces that we may have touched during the service appointment (doorknobs, light switches, etc.) with disinfectant on our way out upon request.
- Customers will not be asked for a signature for work authorization or for payment so there is no need to physically touch any electronic device, iPad or iPhone. Credit card payments can be processed without the technician physically touching the card. Receipts will be sent via email.
- On the day of your appointment, your technician will call you when on their way and may ask a few direct questions before arriving at your home. We may ask:
- Are you feeling unwell or do you, or anyone in your home, have any cold or flu-like symptoms?
- Do you suspect that you may have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19?
- Are you currently in self-isolation due to recent travel outside of Canada or any other reason outlined in our government published public health guidelines, or for having been ordered to self-isolate by authorities?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, our technicians have been instructed not to enter your home, and the job will be rescheduled for at least 14-days later.
- Contact-less appointments for estimating and quoting jobs can be done with photos via email or FaceTime, and we will recommend this whenever practical.
As a NuvoClean customer, we ask:
- If you or anyone in your home are not feeling well or are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please inform us before we arrive at your home and we'll reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days later.
- During the service appointment, for the safety of your family and our employees, we ask that you also practice the recommended physical distancing protocol while we're in your home.
This may require that occupants leave the home while the work is being performed, or if space allows, to just avoid being in the same room(s) as we are working.
Please note that if our technician feels unsafe in your home or place of business due to perceived elevated risk of virus transmission, they are fully empowered to respectfully suspend service and leave the premises and reschedule the service appointment.
Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated. We care about the health of your home or your business environment, and we intend to do everything we can to continue serving our community during this uncertain time. It is our hope that these procedures will help reduce the risk of transmission to our employees or to other customers.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding helping us keep our staff and our community safe and healthy. If you need our help, we are here for you.